What is digital marketing?
• Digital marketing is the new era of marketing method for promotion,
advertising and reaching to customers and businesses (B2C
and B2B) through the internet.
• So basically, digital marketing is all about social media marketing as to promote the product and services through different technologies to
attract people to turn customers.
• Unlike print media marketing and electronic marketing which are
intended to do different things, digital marketing actually works on the internet on the web through websites, web portals, web applications, e-commerce, social media, content marketing, video marketing, all these comes under digital marketing.
How is digital marketing different from traditional marketing?
1.Traditional marketing:- In this type of marketing, the organization used to promote its product and services through radio, television, business cards, billboards, etc. In other words, it’s a platform where there is no use of social media or the internet.
• Communication about services with a group of people.
• Source of communication:- calls, emails, letters, etc.
• Highly expensive and time-consuming method.
• Reach out to a specific audience or customers.
• Best for a local audience.
• Complicated when it comes to the consequences and effects of the campaign.
2. Digital marketing:- the term is used to accomplish modern marketing goals through media and technologies.
• Direct communication with the customers to put questions and suggestions about the services.
• Source of communication:- chats, emails, and social websites.
• Fast, quick and developed campaigns.
• Ability to reach out to billions of people through blogs and videos, etc.
• Best for a global audience.
• Campaign effectiveness through statistics and analytics.
How digital marketing works?
• Organizations can use these platforms to make their product and services familiar to the people by promoting it naturally through social media like Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, etc.
• Website, e-commerce portals, social media, email, videos, and blogs.
5D’s of Digital marketing:-
• Digital device:- attracting audiences through websites and apps connected with devices like smartphones, tabs, computers, game devices
• Digital platform:- interacting with the audiences through social media like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn to let them aware of the product.
• Digital media:- reaching out to the people through paid advertising methods.
• Digital data:- organization used to collect information about audiences about their experience with the services.
• Digital technology:- organization used to create engaging marketing technology through websites.
Digital marketing channels?
• SEARCH ENGINE OPTIMIZATION (SEO):- used to optimize the websites for increased visibility across the search engines.
• SEARCH ENGINE MARKETING (SEM):– paid advertising through display ads.
• SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING (SMM):- promotion through social media websites like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest, etc.
• EMAIL MARKETING:– Reaching out to customers by sending emails on product offerings.
• THE OTHER CHANNELS ARE– viral marketing, affiliate marketing, video marketing, online reputation marketing, mobile marketing, content marketing.
WHAT ARE THE ADVANTAGES OF DIGITAL MARKETING?
• Enormously cost-effective.
• Fewer resources, time, and efforts in reaching to customers.
• Wider reach, as you can reach to the billions of customers and businesses quickly.
• Promote products, services, and solutions by means, of texts, images, and videos.
• Multiple sources of channels such as websites, social media, and emails.